In our inner cities:
1. To what extent are individuals responsible for their own poverty?
2. Is there a 'culture of poverty' which perpetuates poverty and dependence?
3. Do dysfunctional families foster social pathologies?
4. Do neighborhood environments contribute to crime, welfare dependency, dropouts, and teen pregnancy?
5. Can institutions (schools, churches, social service organizations) alleviate inner city problems?
6. Has public policy made the problem worse?
7. If there were jobs available, would young black men take them?
8. If young black men were employed, would they marry more often?
9. Is racism still a major barrier to the entry of black men into the regular economy?
10. In the upcoming race for President, I plan to vote for