The Darling (1899)
- Kukin, who was the manager of an open-air theatre called the Tivoli
- Olga transforms into Kukin’s lover.
- Kukin’s Death, yet within three months she has
fallen for Vassily Andreitch
- Olga transforms into Pustovalov’s lover.
- When Smirnin hits on her, she responds with appropriate
dignity, rebuffing his advances.
- Pustovalov’s Death, yet within six months she is in a relationship with the veterinary surgeon.
- Olga transforms into a veterinarian.
- The vet leaves when his army
regiment is transferred.
- Olga is devastated and deteriorates into… nothingness.
- Smirnin returns with wife and son, and Olga welcomes
them all into her home.
- Wife leaves, Smirnin
leaves… Sasha the boy is left with
- Now she had opinions of her own.
Sasha to school.