|Quiz on Mr. Atkinson-Barnes' Presentation on the Battle
1. Why were people on both sides of the war excited at its prospect in 1914?
2. What was the Schlieffen Plan?
3. Why did the Germans state that Verdun was the vital point to attack in the Allied line?
4. What was the German general Falkenhayn's real objective at Verdun?
5. What type of weapons were used by the Germans to soften up the French defenses at Verdun?
6. What was the outcome of the battle?
7. Why do some historians blame Verdun for the defeat of the French in WWII?