|"Never Such Innocence Again" (Paul Fussell)
1. Name three technological innovations which transformed warfare during WWI.
2. What event precipitated the war?
3. Name the members of the Central Powers.
4. Name the members of the Grand Alliance.
5. How long did the combatants believe the war would last in 1914?
6. Why did the fighting bog down?
7. What is a "war of attrition"?
8. Describe three of the factors (besides the imminence of death) which made life miserable for soldiers in the trenches.
9. Who became the leaders of the anti-war movement in England?
10. What key event led to the eventual defeat of the Germans?