on the Scientific Revolution, The Political Revolution and the Enlightenment:
- How did Descartes prove the existence of
- What was the significance of Galileo's discovery of the moons of Jupiter, the craters on the moon, and spots on the sun?
- How did Hobbes’ social
contract transform the power structure of society?
- Why was an absolute monarchy necessary in
- How did the philosophes apply Newton’s
universal laws to the problems of society and
- What were the deists’ religious beliefs?
- Explain Locke's conception of natural law.
- How did Locke’s epistemology refute the
Church’s idea of original sin?
E.C. What is optimistic determinism and who developed this philosophy?