|English 10 Humanities:
Quiz on Socrates (Plato's Apology)
1. How does Socrates define eloquence?
2. What did the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi say about Socrates?
3. How did Socrates prove to himself that the Oracle had spoken
4. Who alone is wise, according to Socrates?
5. How did Socrates refute the accusation that he was an atheist?
6. How does Socrates define the greatest good of man?
7. What does he mean when he refers to himself as a gadfly?
8. What punishment does Socrates suggest the jury use against him?
9. Why doesn’t he fear death?
10. Why does he believe that death must be good?