Romanticism Backgrounds Quiz
1. Why did the Romantics believe that the poet rather than the scientist was best able to explore the mysteries of existence?
2. According to Kant, the human mind is actively involved in the creation of reality. How did this new understanding of the human mind change the course of Western philosophy?
3. How did the Scottish philosopher David Hume shake the bedrock convictions of scientific certainty?
4. According to Kant, how does the human mind itself impose order upon our sense experiences? How did Kant rescue science from Hume’s skepticism?
5. How, according to Hegel, does history proceed through dialectics?
Define the categorical imperative: