|A Midsummer Night's Dream|
Act One scene two
- During which traditional festivals in pre-Reformation England did local workers build floats and put on plays?
- What is the story of Pyramus and Thisbe about?
- Why has this group of tradesmen decided to put on this particular play for Theseus and Hippolyta?
- What parts has Peter Quince, the carpenter, given to his crew of mechanicals for their production of Pyramus and Thisbe?
SNUG the joiner--
BOTTOM the weaver--
FLUTE the bellows-mender--
SNOUT the tinker--
STARVELING the tailor--
- Why do the mechanicals go to the woods to rehearse their play?