|A Midsummer Night's Dream|
Act Two scene one
- As day turns to night, what changes do you imagine happening on stage? (What do you see and hear?)
- Describe three examples of the type of household accidents that the cruel jokester Robin Goodfellow causes.
- Why have Oberon and Titania,the King and Queen of the Fairies, come to this woods outside Athens?
- What has caused the big fight between Oberon and Titania?
- What other indiscretions have brought the couple into open conflict?
- What unspoken, real life discord between Theseus and Hippolyta is being played out in this dream?
- Give three examples of what has happened to the weather and the crops ever since Oberon and Titania began fighting.
- Why does Titania refuse to return what she took from Oberon?
- After Titania leaves, what revenge does Oberon plan to take on her?
- What tribute to Queen Elizabeth does Shakespeare include in Oberon's description of the magic flower?
- What makes the argument/wrestling match between Demetrius and Helena so pathetic and disturbing?