Quiz on Modern Consciousness: Nietzsche, Freud, Darwin, Marx
- Why did Nietzsche believe that Christian morality’s stress on love, compassion and pity was harmful to man?
- Define Nietzsche’s conception of ‘the superman’ who would rescue European culture from Christianity.
- According to Freud, what forces drive human behavior?
- How did Freud believe that we could probe the unconscious?
- Until Darwin published his theories, what did people believe was the origin of the various species on earth?
- What controversial aspects of Darwin’s theories do we still have trouble accepting?
- Carefully explain how Marx uses the term “dialectical materialism” to describe his theory of historical progress.