Huckleberry Finn (Chapters 1-8)
1. How do the Widow Douglas and Miss Watson try to ‘civilise’ Huck?
2. What does Jim believe has happened to him when Tom and Huck hang his hat on a limb over him while he is sleeping under a tree?
3. Why doesn’t Huck believe in prayer?
4. Why does Huck get tired of being in Tom Sawyer’s gang?
5. How does Huck respond to the terrible news that his father has drowned in the river?
6. What does Huck realize when he sees the track of a footprint with a big cross on its left heel?
What advice does Huck get from Jim after their consultation with the hair ball?