1. On what day did Thoreau take up his abode in the hut on Walden
2. Where was Thoreau's hut located in relation to the town of
3. Who were his neighbors on Walden Pond?
4. What was Thoreau's morning ritual?
5. Why did he want to avoid life in town?
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front
only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it
had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not
lived." (Walden 2)
How did Thoreau hope to accomplish this goal?