|Quiz Questions for "The Minister's Black Veil"
(1837) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
E.C. What happens to the child who tries to dress up like Rev. Hooper,
veil and all?
- Who is the first to notice Reverend Hooper's
- What are the first reactions of the parishioners to
his new appearance?
- What is the subject of Reverend Hooper's sermon
during the Sunday Service that morning?
- What does the superstitious woman swear happened at
the funeral that afternoon when Rev. Hooper leaned over the coffin to
bid farewell to the deceased young lady?
- What terrifies Reverend Hooper as he toasts the newly
weds at the wedding supper?
- How effective is Reverend Hooper's ministry during
his long life?
Paragraph: What was Parson Hooper's motivation for taking
such a terrible vow?