| Write a speech on a controversial topic which typifies Franklin’s approach to
- Choose a subject which is sure to elicit strong opinions on both sides
of the issues.(medical ethics, abortion rights, right to privacy?)
- Make abundant use of the kind of modest rhetorical devices Franklin extols throughout his Autobiography.
- Make your narrator into an humble and unassuming person.
- Avoid any ‘positive’ expressions or disputatious assertions of opinion.
- Humbly acknowledge the tenuousness of any hypothesis which has not been indisputably tested by scientific experiment.
- Liberally use the following literary devices in your speech:
- anecdote, epigram, and irony
- Use as many vocabulary words as possible from the text.