|A Chronology of Willy Lomanís Life
- Willy is born, in his fatherís wagon somewhere on the road in
- (One of the only memories he has of his father is the sound of
a flute playing.)
- Willyís father deserts his family in South Dakota and leaves
for the Alaska Gold Rush.
- Ben, aged seventeen, leaves in search of his father.
- Willy marries Linda and begins working as a salesman for Frank
- Biff is born.
- Willy buys a house in the Brooklyn suburbs and moves his
family. He signs a 25-year mortgage.
- (Arthur Millerís fatherís business starts to go sour.)
- Willy reaches the height of his success as a businessman, earning
$70-$100 dollars a week
- Willy buys a Hastingís Refrigerator (big ad in paper.)
- Willy builds a stoop on the back door of his house with lumber
stolen from a nearby work site.
- Willy owns a Chevrolet with a fold-down windshield and a bad
- Biff stars in the city championship football game at Ebbets Field
- Biff gets a football scholarship to the University of Virginia.
- Biff flunks his math exam in Mr. Birnbaumís class and
- Biff goes to Boston to talk with Willy and discovers him in the
hotel room with the woman.
- Biff is fired from Bill Oliverís Sporting Goods Store for
stealing a carton of basketballs.
- Willy pawns his diamond stick pin to pay for a correspondence course
- Willy finishes a new ceiling in his living room.
- The playís action begins late Monday night when Willy returns home
after nearly running off the road enroute to New England.
- Willy is fired by Howard.
- Biff steals a pen from Bill Oliver.
- Willy is left in the menís room at Frankís Chop House.
- Willy drives his car into a wall.
- The refrigerator is paid off.
- Linda makes the final payment on the house.