- Why is Maggie attracted to Pete?
- What does Maggie believe she must do to make herself worthy of Pete’s affection?
- What line has Maggie crossed when she sleeps with Pete?
- Describe Nellie. What makes her so interested in Pete?
- What does she think of Maggie?
- How does Maggie respond to getting dumped?
- Who accosts Jimmie on the street before he arrives home to discover that the prodigal daughter has returned?
- How is Maggie driven from home?
- Why is Pete afraid for his job when Mag comes by to confront him at the bar?
- What does he tell her?
- How did Maggie wind up in the river? Was she murdered or did she jump?
- What is Mary’s reaction when she finds out that Mag is dead?
could Maggie have learned from Nell? Would that have saved her?