- Why is Maggie attracted to Pete?
- What does Maggie
believe she must do to make herself worthy of Pete’s affection?
- Describe the key moments Maggie treasures in the melodrama
- What line has Maggie
crossed when she sleeps with Pete?
- Describe Nellie. What makes her so interested in Pete?
- What does she think of Maggie?
- How does Maggie
respond to getting dumped?
- Who accosts Jimmie on the street before he arrives
home to discover that the prodigal daughter has returned?
- How is Maggie driven from home?
- Why is Pete afraid for his job when
Mag comes by to confront him at the bar?
What does he tell her?
does Pete receive his comeuppance?
is Mary’s reaction when she finds out that Mag is dead?
could Maggie have learned from Nell? Would that have saved her?